As the headline says; this post is primarily about 3 aspects which would ultimately will help increase traffic and make your blog better than what it is currently. So, below are some tips/plugins that would help you in this:
- Random Posts – As the name says, this widget/plugin will display random posts from your choice of categories on the side bar of your blog. You can also choose the number of posts you want to show. You can download the plugin from here
- LinkWithin – One of the most popular and important plugins that will help reduce your bounce rate and provide the readers with options of more posts is LinkWithin. This plugin displays similar posts to the post that the visitor is reading alongwith a thumbnail. So it not only provides relevant information, but it looks good as well. Download this plugin from here
- Popular Posts – This plugin displays the your most popular posts. So whenever there is a visitor he/she can always check out the most read posts on your blog. Again, you choose the number of posts you want to display. Download this plugin here
- SEO Smart Links – SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog. Further, it also allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs. Everything happens completely transparent, and you can edit the options from the administration settings panel. So it helps you link your old blog posts and help them stay on your blog for information rather than going out. Download the plugin here
- Categorization – This is no plugin, but just a tip! Please ensure that your blog is well categorized, i.e. all the posts are distributed amongst proper categories. This helps in easy navigation which helps visitors to stay on your blog and read more and more of your blog posts.
- Submission to relevant sites/networks – All the old posts that you have would surely have not been submitted to each social network or site. So ensure that you keep submitting all the old blog posts on places like dig, indli and delicious. That would certainly help you get more and more traffic
These are some of the tips we have benefitted from on this blog. Do you know of any more such methods? If yes, please share them here, we would love to have your opinions on this.