One of the most awaited launches of the year 2010 has happened. After releasing the preview of Internet explorer 9 in March 2010, Microsoft has announced the launch of the beta version of Internet Explorer 9.
The new browser promises to deliver a fast, clean, trusted and interoperable online experience that takes full advantage of Windows 7, putting the focus on the sites and applications people care about. Users can download the new Internet Explorer 9 Beta from BeautyoftheWeb.com
Web browsing is the No. 1 thing people do on their Windows-based PC, and as such, they increasingly expect the same experience they associate with their PC applications from their favorite Web-based e-mail service, photo site or social network site. This kind of immersive experience does not occur on the Web today, and using a browser is often associated with limited performance and interactivity. Microsoft has developed Windows Internet Explorer 9 to help change this.
Clean Site-Centric Design Integrates With Windows 7 and Makes Sites Shine
Internet Explorer 9 puts the focus on the applications with a clean experience, Windows 7 integration, and more pixels dedicated to the website, not the browser, allowing sites to shine. Browser controls are reduced and framed in “glass” so that, while they are discoverable, people see their Web content first and foremost. In addition, the design principles in Windows 7 carry through to Internet Explorer 9 so that sites appear more like native applications on the PC. Features include these:
• Pinned Sites – With Pinned Sites, a user’s favorite websites can be accessed directly from the Windows Taskbar without having to first open the browser, making it quick and easy for users to get to the content they care about. The site’s branding comes through both in the icon and in the site colors in the navigation buttons.
• JumpLists – JumpLists offer a quick and easy way to get to a common website task without having to first launch the browser. For Pinned Sites where developers have created JumpList capabilities, users can quickly create a new e-mail message, check their inbox, change the music station, accept a friend invitation or see breaking news. The possibilities are endless.
• Tear-off tabs and Windows Aero Snap tabs – This feature helps in a side-by side comparison (using Aero Snap feature in Windows 7) whn you need to use more than one website
All-Around Fast: Internet Explorer 9 Uses the Whole PC for Improved Performance
The new version of Internet Explorer takes advantage of the power of modern PC hardware to improve all-around Web browsing performance. This comprehensive approach to performance includes the introduction of a new scripting engine, Chakra, that uses common multicore central processing units (CPUs) in PCs to deliver significant performance gains. Internet Explorer 9 is also the first browser with full hardware acceleration of HTML5, harnessing the power of the graphics processing unit (GPU), reallocating much of the graphic processing to the GPU instead of the CPU. By using the GPU, Internet Explorer 9 unlocks the 90 percent of the PC’s power that went previously untapped by Web browsers.
Trusted: Building a Browser with Safety, Privacy and Reliability in Mind
Internet Explorer 9 is designed to be the most trusted browser because it has a robust set of built-in security, privacy and reliability technologies that keep customers safer online. Built on the industry-leading protections in Internet Explorer 8, these new features provide the trust people need to feel safer online:
• Download Manager with SmartScreen Filter integration – Now integrates scans into the new Download Manager, using Download Reputation to remove unnecessary warnings for well-known files
• Add-on Performance Advisor – Add-on Performance Advisor notifies users when add-ons are slowing down their browsing session. By default, users are notified if the total load time of all enabled add-ons takes more than 0.2 seconds, giving them an opportunity to make an informed decision to use the add-ons that they find valuable and disable those that may be less useful or are affecting performance.
• Reliability features –Tab isolation, automatic crash recovery and the new hang recovery feature in Internet Explorer 9 all help ensure users’ information isn’t lost and keep them browsing when a website isn’t working correctly.
Interoperability: All in for HTML5
Internet Explorer 9 has support for industry standards including built-in extensive support for HTML5, Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), CSS3 and other modern Web standards. This commitment delivers a new set of capabilities, meaning developers can write one set of markup and know that it will work and look the same in all modern browsers.
Raise Expectations for a Better Web
Internet Explorer 9 transforms the capabilities of the Web, delivered through Windows and modern hardware. With Windows and Internet Explorer 9, Microsoft lets customers re-imagine the role of the browser to deliver an experience that makes the Web feel as native as the user’s favorite PC applications. The result is a more beautiful Web experience. It creates the foundation for a wave of compelling, immersive websites and applications that deliver an experience like the one people expect from an application running on Windows. Microsoft is helping the Web go native and unlocking the Beauty of the Web. More information can be found at BeautyoftheWeb.com
What do you think of IE9…will you shift from another browser to IE9….let us know what you think?