The much awaited Motorola Droid has made its debut in India. The phone will be called Motorola Milestone here and as the name suggests the device has been a milestone for the company which was on the verge of shutting down its entire handsets manufacturing department. The phone soon became a bestseller in the US market and brought the company back in business.
Let’s take a look at what the Milestone has on offer;
- Milestone is amongst the thinnest QWERTY sliders (13.7mm or 1.37cm).
- It comes with a lifetime free access to fully voice-guided street-level navigable maps of 401 Indian cities. This offers voice-guided navigation and routing in the cities and across major national and state highways.
- As an Android mobile, it packs a punch with a suite of Google mobile applications including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube.
- It has a 5-megapixel camera at the rear with dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization.
- It supports Stereo Bluetooth / BT 2.1, USB 2.0 High Speed and comes with a 3.5mm jack as well.
- It comes preloaded with an 8GB memory card which is expandable.
- The phone also has Motorola’s proprietary Crystaltalk technology.
- Last but by no means the least; it is powered by ARM Cortex A8 processor. This is the same processor that powers the iPhone 3GS and the the Omnia HD.
There is no doubt that Milestone is amongst one of the best smartphones across the globe. At a price of Rs.32,990, I’m still not sure how big a market Motorola will be able to capture with it.