To be honest, till about 6 months back, LinkedIn for me was just a networking tool which I used to connect with people known to me and people in the same domain. After digging deep into what could be the uses of LinkedIn and how it could help me with my blog, I have gathered loads of tips on how LinkedIn could get me targeted traffic to my blog and increase the number of ‘readers’ for my blog. So here are 11 tips to make sure you can maximize the use of being present on LinkedIN.
- Ensure you have an updated and complete profile – This is the most basic but most important step to ensure you are in the right direction. Create a profile and ensure it is complete…remember, only if you have an attractive profile will people listen to you/read what you share.
- Add your blog/website details – You have the option of putting in a link to your blog as well as its RSS feed. Do it right away as that will ensure everyone who visits your profile sees that you run a blog
- Add a blog application to your profile – There are applications that help display your latest posts on your profile. Go to add applications and add WordPress application and easily display all your latest posts.
- Update your status regularly – Another important but easy tip. Since, status is the first thing that comes up when someone views your profile, update it regularly. Before, you start thinking…oops another status update… the good news is that it is pretty similar to twitter, just that It gives you 148 characters instead of 140.
- Create the ‘right’ connections – Ensure that you find the right people in your domain to catch all the updates as well as people who would be interested in the kind of content you would provide
- Join niche groups – One of the most important tips. Make sure you join all relevant groups on LinkedIn. For example, if you write on Social media and have important updates to share, join the most relevant and populated social media groups
- Answer Questions – Once you have joined these groups, start answering queries. This will help you build credibility in the community as well as on other networks.
- Share your posts on these groups – Very obviously, once people start listening to you, start sharing your bets posts on the topic that will be useful to the groups. This is where you would get most traffic from.
- Comment on group posts – Just like it’s a give n take on blogs, comment on other posts and see the way you receive comments on yours.
- Add RSS Feed to Groups – Every group has an option that allows you to add a link to a website with which captures all the latest news you think is relevant for that group. It also allows you to add your own blog RSS feed or website link and updates it automatically as and when you post a new article. This step will help people view your blog since the posts will show up on the home profile of all the group members.
- Create groups – I have kept this as a last step because only after having a known name can you be assured if creating a successful and beneficial group. People know who you are, respect your views and listen to you…now is the right time to create a group
Hope you will make maximum use of these steps and increase blog traffic. IF you know of any more tips, please share them here, we will be glad to hear from you.
Recommended Reading – How to increase comments on your blog | 6 tips to revive old blog posts, reduce bounce rate and engage readers